Subtle changes in your hearing can be hard to recognize because of how gradually hearing loss usually progresses. Although children are frequently tested, the majority of adults don’t even consider scheduling a hearing exam like they would their vision. So why would your hearing be any less critical than your vision?
Here are 6 reasons to get your hearing examined on a regular basis:
- Spotting the Signs: Potential hearing issues can be revealed by day-to-day situations. Ask yourself these questions: Do I constantly ask people to repeat themselves? Do I need to turn up the volume on the TV? Do noisy settings make discussions challenging? It’s time for you to get a hearing test if you answered yes to most of these questions.
- Following Guidelines: The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association advises hearing screenings every 10 years until age 50, and every three years after that.
- Family History Matters: If other family members have hearing loss, this is an ideal reason to schedule a hearing exam with us.
- Establishing a Baseline: We will utilize baselines, which will give a reference frame for further comparison to monitor changes to your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Regular hearing tests can detect problems early on, like earwax buildup or noise-induced hearing loss, allowing for prompt intervention and avoiding further damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Root medical disorders, like kidney disease, cardiovascular disease, or high blood pressure can sometimes be indicated by hearing loss. If you do have one of these disorders, managing it may help your hearing.
Untreated hearing loss can have extensive consequences, affecting your social life, emotional well-being, and even physical safety. Hearing aids can significantly improve your hearing and overall quality of life, letting you fully engage in conversations, enjoy social gatherings, and stay alert to important sounds in your environment.
Don’t miss out on the sound of a loved one’s voice, the laughter of a grandchild, or an important work meeting.
Schedule a hearing exam with us right away to protect your hearing health and rediscover the sounds that enhance your life.